Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Craft bucket craft #1: Wooden Blocks

These blocks were supposed to be for a Christmas present /: obviously that never happened! {haha sorry Joel and Julia Howells...you'll be getting two presents from Keith and I next year (;} But they were my first pick out of the bucket. I had two ideas for them: First is to make one block with things on each side representing our family: an H, the date we got married, our fingerprints, and pictures of us. The other blocks I decided to make a holiday craft for St. Patricks Day! This is what I came up with:
 
 It's a great craft because it is super easy, and you only have to have half the amount of blocks than doing one letter on each individual block.


Here are the steps:
  • I bought the blocks at a Home Improvement store and had help from my sister in law to cut them and sand them
  • Next I spray painted them black (spray paint is much faster) then painted the two sides on each block green. 
  • Lastly, I did the letters in glue and covered with glitter! super easy.
 So this is part 1 to the wooden blocks craft, the second part will be coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment