Friday, December 16, 2011

Day Four: Crayon Monogram

The 12 Crafts of Christmas
Day Four: Teacher Monogram

 
So I know this isn't a monogram. I was originally going to try something that I had seen on pinterest, but wanted to do something more original. So of course I did a heart and my moms name in the middle. She is an awesome kindergarten teacher and maybe she can put this in her classroom.
  

I used 2 packs of 24 crayola crayons, which were $1.25 each, then organized them into the color scheme I wanted.


I lined them up and decided to do a cut out heart. So place the crayons how you want them in the finished frame.


 First, cut out a heart, you can really do any shape,and trace the pattern onto the crayons with a sharpie. Make sure that the crayons stay as still as possible while you trace. When your done it should look something like this:

  
 In hindsight, I should have made the edges of my heart not go so far to the edge of the crayons, because it gets hard to cut.

   
Next, cut the crayons on the line you drew. Place back in and trim to make sure the shape is forming correctly. After this, I decided on a background paper, and did the lettering myself. I really wanted to use a cricket but my sister in law took it back haha dang! someday I will have a cricket of my own....or even better a silhouette!


That's how it turned out! I hope my mom likes it (: But this can also be a really great Christmas gift for your kids teachers

No comments:

Post a Comment