Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Day Two: Sugar Scrub

The 12 Crafts of Christmas
Day 2: Sugar Scrub

   I Love this recipe. It made my skin so smooth! So easy too.
 I've got to give a shout out to Tawny Caldwell, she had this recipe on her blog and did it really cute! to see her blog go to tawnyleigh.blogspot.com 

The recipe is so simple! Only 4 ingredients:

(1) 2 cups sugar
(2) 1 cup salt
(3) 1 cup sunflower oil (buy this at wal-mart. I went to a health food store and it was $8, but at walmart you get twice as much for $4)
(4) 12 drops your choice flavor of Essential oil (The recipe says 12 drops, but I put almost the whole thing in mine! ) 
The essential oils I used were sugar cookie (fantastic!) and cinnamon, so that they would smell a little christmas-y


Simply mix all the ingredients together with a wooden spoon, and then put into the container of your choice! If it seems a little dry, don't worry because as it sits, the oil will rise to the top. If you make it too oily, then the next day the whole first inch of the container will be oil. If it does end up looking too oily, feel free to add more sugar.

I used mason jars for this demo, but the one I am actually giving away was a container from bath and body works that I had saved haha. So start saving those! They are so useful and well designed.I made a stencil with paper and painted a mason jar. Then wrote on it with sharpie.


All done! One last tip: this recipe also works wonders for dry lips! but for lips I just did the sugar and oil and scrubbed my lips, and they are now silky smooth!

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU for mentioning my blog (tawnyleigh.blogspot.com)!! i LOVE how you designed the jars! SO you! SO cute!

    ReplyDelete